Saturday, May 15, 2010

Are we a dying breed?

In the last 6-mths I have seen 'career recruiters' departing from the market which is possibly a sign of the times or it might be people making the call that IT recruitment isn't a career for them. For me it is all I know, so I need to be good at it otherwise I don't know what I would do.

It is certainly not an easy job or career but it is unbelievably rewarding and effectively we get paid to talk to people and to listen to people. We have the opportunity to meet some of New Zealand's most innovative and entrepreneurial IT people, help their organisations grow but also have the chance to better ourselves by seeing their behaviours and drivers.

For those that are willing to make it a career, it certainly becomes easier the more you deliver to your clients and soon you will be the only recruiter they call - that does far too easy, but it happens (is that sounding like Rachel Hunter).

No comments:

Post a Comment